RE: Creating a New Magic

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:56:22 -0000

> Well, you don't teach it per se. You show how to do it, the
> folks go to the Otherworld where they participate in its
> "invention" and become one with it, so to speak, and then
> have access to it.

Yes, sorry, I was using shorthand. That's how any feat is "taught", right?

> Imagine that you are trying to cross the Western Ocean. You
> can take the turtle, fly on the gulls, capure a boat, freeze
> the water..
> But instead, ....

And as soon as you use a method other than the one your god used, you're doing experimental hero-questing? Not that I have anything against this, just checking.

> The temple is a place of worship and gateway to the
> Otherworld. You really need to worship, that is the key.

Ah, right, Thanks. I think most devotees can manage to worship. Far too often, in the opinion of those around them :)

> And I hope this, too, makes things easier for you.

It definitely does. Thanks again.