Re: Teshnan Concentration

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:49:54 -0000

This was asked and aswered previously, although I forget what the thread was called (feel free to go searching if you want....)

As I recall it, the answer was (or answers were)...

Religion in Teshnos is mystical in nature. As such, so long as you follow the teachings of your (order, philosophy, religion, whatever), you don't worry about the three otherworlds.

In game terms, this means you can concentrate on the magic of your "deity", using all of it appropriate to someone who is concentrated, but not able to use ANY other magic.

So if you concentrated on the hunter god (I don't have the name here with me), you'd have his hunting affinity and his talents. You are concentrated, so improving the affinity costs three, and the talents one. You can improvise a feat from the affinity at -5. Maybe you can use feats within that affinity too (not sure, and they aren't defined in the HQ rules). You can use the talents as active magic. BUT you have no other magic, not even the spell of health.

So yes, it is a lot like concentrating on lunar magic, or (using the rules in MoLaD) concentrating on Donadar or Lanbril magic.

I hope that helps.

--Bryan