Re: Re: One session per season...

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:29:49 -0600

>From: "Darren Hill" <rpglists_at_...>

> > But I
> > only do these things when I think that they say something about the
> > character - not because it's the next thing that they run into in the
> > in-game environment. Even if it's a dragon. I have to see the
> > character-centric relevance first.
>
>Do players ever ask, "can I roll for this," when you would have skipped
>over it?

I think that Darren is setting me up here, given that he's played in my game (you are the same Darren from the FATE list, right?). But I'll take the question at face value. When I say "I have to see the relevance" I mean that the participants have to see the relevance in such a style. Players initiate rolls as often as I do.

(They don't in the FATE game, but that has to do with it's PBEM nature, I think. If they called for a contest, of course I'd do it, however.)

Mike