RE: Asterix the Orlanthi?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:40:40 -0000

> >. . .you get home and everyone thinks you're wonderful, and
> there's a
> >big feast in your honour with lots of wild boar and the bard tied up
> >and gagged. (Yes, that *is* where we get a lot of the "feel" from.
> >Sorry.)

> Wow. That is a surprisingly apt comparison!

You mean it was new to you? My apology was because I thought it was so obvious, it was a clich�, and we're supposed to be beyond the Celts&Romans analogies by now.

Well, if it's new, enjoy!

>I think I just
> might have a clan chief in the next game be carried on his
> shield for the upcoming special occasion (the launch of a
> rather large raid).

Of course!

The Marshedge even have a drink that *they* fondly imagine to be something like the Magic Potion. One bloodline tell me their clan magic doesn't work without it. It's called Oak Beer, it's revolting (to outsiders), and what would now be classed as Common Magic (a RQ3 Strength spell, at the time I invented it) is said not to work if you haven't drunk some. This has never been tested, if only because they like their Oak Beer.