Re: Saga system

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:26:58 -0800

Rob

>I would go so far as to say I would disallow the use of Hero Points
>to bump results on crop
>tables!

Seems pretty biased. Someone doing this is probably laboring long into the night, waking up before dawn, chasing down cows in bitterly cold storms, etc. Compared to the warrior who merely makes an extra-long lunge.

(Long long ago, I remember watching a kid's show on TV, where the hero -- Homer Brown? -- performed almost superheroic feats with a scythe to harvest grain. There was also an episode involving a donut-making machine, but I digress.)

I should probably request players to describe how they use their hero points during play, though I usually forget (or do so myself).

--

David Dunham