Re: Digest Number 1766

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:47:49 -0800

>The problem with listing the skills is lack of space on the character
>sheet :-) The actual key word is "Third-hitch Veteran" for an
>explicitly military character. The way I see it is that the score of
>15 gives me a +2 augment to any of my military skills from my
>occupation & 100-word keywords. These include

But, as David says, that's *basically* just an augmentor ability. Now, as a keyword I could see it producing abilities like "Old War Buddies", "Contempt for [Officer A]", "Respect of [Officer B]", "Reputation: Old Vet", etc. straight off the 'Thid Hitch Veteran" ability rating without needing to list the abilities.

Would you use it to say: "Hey, maybe I served with that ex-officer, can I see if I have a Relationship with him"? Or "You know, back when we were fighting the wild XYZ clan, we did [some ability], can I put that on my sheet?"

If the answer is "yes", then it's acting like a keyword. If it's "no", then it's acting like an ability. If you never add any HP to it, it doesn't *really* matter ;-).

RR
- Richelieu