RE: Re: Saga system

From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:08:03 +0000 (GMT)

If a character's being actively played, something important's going on and the character will be developed because of it. If they're not being played then they're not being developed. There's no real "risk assessment" involved.

Incidentally, an occasional HQ game I run set in Pavis deals with a bunch of characters that usually have far more adventures than the folks back home in Sartar. They also get (wait for it...) about 10 times the amount of hero points as the homebodies. None of them have been unplayed long enough to get any keyword bonuses either. There's only been just over one year of game time in 103 sessions - averaging about 2 game days per session.

Shows why Argrath spent his early years there - there's always something going on to crank up a new level of mastery. You can get ten years experience from just a year having Trolls chewing on you.

Cheers,

Ash