RE: Re: Saga system

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:10:59 -0000

> OK, if this is how you want to do it, then I'd put together
> my "super-rough draft campaign outline" with these levels in mind.
> You should have little trouble having characters that are where they
> ought to be by 1620.

Good!

> If, like my players, they manage to find
> themselves in the midst of everything going on in Sartar, they will
> likely advance pretty quickly - and you will have players like
> Javern Spithorn or Orngerin Thundercape in your hands.

Eventually, yes. And by then, I should be able to handle them :)

> If you try
> to keep them out of some of the troubles (as Lismelder, they might
> not get involved in Starbrow's Rebellion),

Oh, they will be. Given that even as 15-year-olds they already have relationships and two-way obligations to two of the 1613 High Council characters (and I intend to build on them), I think they'll be there. But I have no idea which of the various Sartarite sides they'll be on!

> No matter what, you'll have years of NPC interaction, plotlines and
> subplots to enrich the game once you get to the "crucial years".

I do hope so :)

> It really depends on what I want out the players. Am I concerned
> that their "economic abilities" are subpar? Then maybe I give out 4
> directed HP and 3 regular HP for the session.

Ah! OK, got it. This idea of GM control is one I'm having trouble getting used to :)