RE: Re: Saga system

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:44:10 -0000

> What have you settled on so far from the deluge of advice offered?
> Do you feel you have something you can work with?

Yes, I think I've got all I need (and far, far, more!)

I'll be trying to divide the time between "now" and 1620 into about 50 HP-awarding points, some of which may well be Saga System keyword raises. That was the real break-through for me - they only raise by 1 point a go, so IF they stick to one "best skill" throughout, that's all I need to know.

Any new relationships (and maybe other stuff) gets added by me as new skills, and not necessarily at 13. I won't even bother calling it a directed HP.

I'm going to assume that the "sample resistances" are intended to be used as end-results, after a few (but not many) augments. But that they don't include equipment bonuses - if they do, combat becomes different from other skills, and also the augments you have to subtract are too high. (And usually equipment bonuses just cancel out anyway.)

The ability-increase rate used for the PCs will be assumed to be an upper limit for NPCs. They will increase, yes, usually by keyword rises, but unless the PCs declare themselves to be both lazy and anti-social, I'm assuming that they're advancing as fast as they can, and that NPCs may not be.