Re: Saga system

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:39:58 -0000

> If the players are the heroes, then their ratings determine the
rest
> of the world. If you think they are equal to Kallyr, then Kallyr's
> abilities should be in the same range as the players's. If they
> aren't on Kallyr's level, then her abilities are a mastery higher.

I completely agree with David. Remember, the abilities of NPCs can easily be pegged to that of your players.

> I think it's extremely rare for Jeff or me to give out more than 1
> directed HP per skill (exceptions being something heroquest-
related,
> or an unusual follower or relationship gained during play).

Yeah. In fact I'm unaware of David and I ever doing that period.

> I wonder if anyone in our games has ever kept track of total HP
> awarded? I know I haven't.

I certainly haven't!!! I just review the characters every know and then.

> >Just another reason why I don't generally like films.
> >Suspension of disbelief can only take so much. Why
> >that particular format has to assume the audience are
> >morons has always been beyond me. If books can
> >"cut-scene" to a realistic time-frame, not a stupid
> >one, what's so hard about getting it right on-screen?
> I don't think there's any real difference -- books can jump big
> amounts of time, too.

I agree - I'm sorry you generally dislike films. Next thing you'll be saying is you don't like Shakespearean tragedies or something crazy like that!

Jeff