RE: Re: Saga system

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:08:26 -0000

> >I need a feel for what level people should be at at
> intermediate dates.
>
> They need to be at the level they are at that date.
>
> If the players are the heroes, then their ratings determine
> the rest of the world. If you think they are equal to Kallyr,
> then Kallyr's abilities should be in the same range as the
> players's. If they aren't on Kallyr's level, then her
> abilities are a mastery higher.

So I set her abilities in 1613 (or any other date before 1620) by what theirs are? Fair enough. As long as she doesn't end up with a nasty step up or down from 1619 to 1620.

> If you must work according to a budget,

I just want to be able to *use* the sample resistances, published NPCs, and so on.

> Do you expect the heroes to be as
> powerful in a fight as clan champion? Then that's the combat
> ability you should aim for. But this ignores the fact that
> they will be more clever, determined, and lucky than a clan
> champion, and so they don't absolutely need those numbers to
> play the hero.

Ah, good point. Better at augmenting :)

> I think it's extremely rare for Jeff or me to give out more
> than 1 directed HP per skill (exceptions being something
> heroquest-related, or an unusual follower or relationship
> gained during play).

And roughly how many skills per hand-out session?

> >If books can "cut-scene" to a realistic time-frame, not a
> stupid one,
> >what's so hard about getting it right on-screen?
>
> I don't think there's any real difference -- books can jump
> big amounts of time, too.

I know, but they generally pick an amount of time that makes sense for what happens in it. Not beginner to master in a month, say.