Re: Heresies

From: bankuei <Bankuei_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:25:48 -0000

Hi Mike,

A great list and more or less the heresies that I subscribe to as well. I did want to comment on couple of the Heresies though:

Heresy #1-

There actually are several quotes through out the book that contradict playing according to the scenario advice.

"The First Rule: Play the Story, not the Rules....Let your hero and his goals direct the
story..."
HQ pg. 10

"All heroes are extraordinary and destined for some fame in the world of Glorantha. This
is guaranteed since they are individually guided by a higher power: you, tthe player."

"...the players will have more fun (and your job will be easier) if you let them help with
presenting and even creating the world. Let the players provide story elements, create minor bits of scenery or bystanders, reinterpret backstory to suit the current plot, and so on....After all, it's their Glorantha, too." HQ pg. 181