Re: Agamori and Lodril

From: John Galloway <yuskim1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:09:43 -0000

> There are several cults of what the God Learners would call Lodril
> in and around Glorantha.
>
> Lodril as worshipped in Dara Happa is a Great God. One of his
> subcults is Navestos the Harvester (HQ p125) while three other
> subcults are mentioned by name (Morurder the Master, Mohenjar
> the Overseer and Morkartos the Foreman).
>
> Lodril as worshipped in Teshnos is Solf, a transcendant fire.
> Two of his subcults are briefly mentioned in the Teshnos
> homeland keyword (HQ p56) - Kab Tolat Solf and Besdi Solf
> Du. The magics taught are Affinities and Talents and some
> unlisted cults might teach Charms and Spells.
>
> Lodril as worshipped in Pamaltela is Balumbasta the Fire
> Giant/Spirit. His cult is not described but is undoubtedly
> animist.

Is he also the being known to Heortlings as 'Vestkarthen' who seems to pop in to the odd myth now and again: Father of Quivin, gored by Urox, sometime husband/protector of Ernalda, trapped underground by Maran (Gor?), etc?

My recollections of RQ II material has him being the father of Mahome, Gustbran, and Oakfed.

After reading some of the Dara Happen material (and now hearing about his presence in Pamaltela) I got to wondering whether he (Lodril) has has more worshippers than Orlanth does? Or are such comparisons next to worthless?

Thanks,