Re: Keith's Heresies

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:23:52 -0000

Hi Keith

What an impressive rant!!! Huzzah!

#1 - my sentiments exactly

#2 - A fascinating idea I have toyed with. I have played one off games in Glorantha using 'puddle' mechanics. HQ lite is a debate I'd like to take further. Story over rules rocks.

#3 - I'm kinda attached to my D20, so we shall have to agree to differ on this one. For me the D20 is the quintessential RPG dice. But that is more a feature of my RPG 'nuture' than the nature of all RPG's.

#4 - I sort of agree. I have played in both type of games. But I must cofess to getting an almost peverse satisfaction by augmenting all the way to the moon!! mwa-hahahaha! The jusry is still out for me, although we have had the irreverant, 'clutching at straws 17 *sigh*' from people that want to get on with the action being held up by the multiaugmentermonsters (hangs head in guilt)

#5 - by that you mean HQ is not Glorantha, just a way of experiencing Glorantha in an 'improvisational radio theatre' way?

#6 - Nobel Prize for outstanding contribution to roleplaying for this. It should be reprinted in the next edition of the rules - in gold letters! The current rules are almost as blunt, but methinks a little bludgeon never did a dark troll mace any harm!! ;^D Bravo! YGWV and MGF excepted and accepted.

Regards
Rob