Cementing improvised *abilities*

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:12:38 -0000

> So you might be best to redescribe it as I Loved Bob Who Was
> Cruely Drowned By The Evil Engizi-ites 15w2. Its good for
> hating Engizi-ites, ...

A general thought. Suppose that this ability was indeed being used to improvise "Hate Engizi-ites", at (say) 5W2. On a regular basis. Would it be reasonable to say, without requiring any HP spend, "oh, just write Hate Engizi-ites 5W2 on your character sheet"? Same result as far as I can see in terms of immediate ability levels. Different result in that the player can now develop that ability independently. They may acquire several reasons to hate Engizi-ites, after all.

One thought that does occur is that they'd be able to augemnt their "hate Engizi-ites" with their "I Loved Bob Who ..", so I should drop it a few more points when I set it free.