Re: Re: Dead skills dont die, they dont even fade away.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:45:59 -0800

> > But Lunars are Chaotic, and they are sacraficing all their
> > captives to the Moon!!! I know, 'cause old Hrolf (you know,
> > lives over the hill from the Thunder tree) told me so.
>
> I'll feed them that story in a bit. But for now - what captives? The
> Lunars are sending missionaries, not soldiers. And these kids are in
> their late teens at best, if it wasn't in the last 5 years, it's ancient
> and irrelevant history.

[Irritated old fart] These kids today, with their fast chariots and wierd religions. [/Irritated old fart]

Okay, no captives, but the missionaries are mixing Chaos Slime into the free wine they give to their listeners! And those nice red shirts they hand out attract Chaos demons that whisper in your ear and make you murder your family.

Find a copy of "Reefer Madness" or some other Anti-drug movie and mine them for ideas of what strange things the Lunars/Lunar religion make(s) you do. Pass it on to the players in dribs and drabs: "Did you here about Old Oddi's sister's kid? You know, the one that moved to Swenstown? She attended one of those Lunar Missionary meetings and ended up eating her own foot! I kid you not! She said that the Moon wanted her to."

This is your Soul. This is your Soul on the Moon. Any Questions? (I'm not sure if that particular Anti-Drug spot ever got over the pond, but us 'mericans over about 20 should be able to relate...).

RR
- Richelieu