Re: Building a "Hate Lunars" skill

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:36:49 -0800

> > > But for now - what captives? The
> > > Lunars are sending missionaries, not soldiers. And these
> > kids are in
> > > their late teens at best, if it wasn't in the last 5 years, it's
> > > ancient and irrelevant history.
>
> > [Irritated old fart] These kids today, with their fast
> > chariots and wierd religions. [/Irritated old fart]
>
> Chariots? You are *so* last year. What are you, Volsaxi or something?

Why, in my day we didn't go around disrepecting our elders! poppa woulda smacked us good for mouthin' back!

> Seriously, when *do* they start importing maize as a crop? And importing
> Gin to Sartar?

I don't think they ever really get a Maize program under way in Sartar (could be wrong, of course). Booze will find its way there as soon as there is a market for it - so as soon as there is garrisons, there will be Gin.

> > Find a copy of "Reefer Madness" or some other Anti-drug movie
>
> Movie... Me.... Tell you what, I'll read a few (more) books

Well, find the really goofy government (or church) pamphlets about "the evils of xyz", and mine that then :-).

> Standard anti-weird-religious-cult stuff. Yep. She may end up saying
> that fighting is bad, or even (gasp!) that other clans are as important
> as yours. *And* she's started baking loaves that're the wrong shape, and
> putting too much sage in the stew.

Yep. Cain't trust her no more.

> > This is your Soul. This is your Soul on the Moon. Any Questions?
> > (I'm not sure if that particular Anti-Drug spot ever got over
> > the pond, but us 'mericans over about 20 should be able to relate...).
>
> Means nothing to me. But I get the general drift.

It's a rather famous TV Anti-Drug ad from the 80's: "This is your brain" (shows an egg)
"This is your brain on drugs" (cracks the egg into a hot frying pan, sizzling egg)
"Any questions?"

RR
- Richelieu