Your brain on Drugs

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:02:19 -0800

> > It's a rather famous TV Anti-Drug ad from the 80's:
> > "This is your brain" (shows an egg)
> > "This is your brain on drugs" (cracks the egg into a hot
> > frying pan, sizzling egg) "Any questions?"
>
> I'm not sure that would even have worked, over here. Too simplistic.
> Which "drugs"? Which one raises the temperature of the brain, then? And
> so on....

Don't you know? *ALL* drugs are bad. The government says so. And they wouldn't lie to us, would they? (Don't get me started on the whole "War on Drugs" - I think it's a stupid idea, 'nuff said.)

> We're a cynical lot. You show us a "straight" advert, and we say "oh
> yeah? Prove it." Humour works, though.

Ah, but the line "this is your brain on drugs" was satarized for years after (heck, I still use it occasionally).

RR
- Richelieu