Re: Expierence presenting Heroquest to newbies.

From: charlesmacateer <dcboat_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:07:34 -0000

Victor Lane

>Something I learned the hard way is how to describe the contests. The
>first couple times I used simple contests for fights, I described the
>action like "He stabs at you, you block, attack back. Now roll
>a.simple contest." It was far to short and had the loser going down
>after only one hit. This didn't work to well, for me or the players.

Normally I run with extended contests for fights, as that was the preference of my old group, but there was no time contraints. My intent at the demo is to run Orane's Spindle, because it gives a broad idea of what Heroquest is about, but I don't think I am going to have time to squeeze everything in.