Re: Nonhuman Sidekicks

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:32:51 -0800

Mitch

>Sidekicks get a keyword at 17 then three abilities at 13. Ok fine.
>So I want an alynx and three cool abilities.
>Alynx 17
>Cool Ability A 13
>Cool Ability B 13
>Cool Ability C 13
>
>So what about all his natural alynx abilities like Claw and Bite,
>Move Silently, etc.? Do these fall under his Alynx keyword and thus
>are at 17 and stuck at that level till Time ends?
>
>Or does he get those abilities in addition to those listed above? In
>which case the Alynx keyword seems useless.

Well, the rules say that "a shell deer sidekick gains all of the normal shell deer abilities at their base ratings ... rather than a Shell Deer keyword," so that's a better way to do it in most cases. (You might use the keyword for some odd animal you don't have statistics for.)

And don't forget that you can also spend 15 points, so you could get Cool Ability A 1W, and still raise Some Alynx Ability by +5.

--

David Dunham