Mystical resistance, et al.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 19:33:22 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham, replying to me:
> > You mean, the AP total doesn't 'reset' at all? That would be rather
> > retrograde, IMO, other than in situations where the first fight had
> > a 'false ending', or the two were very close together indeed.
>
> In most cases, the AP do reset.

I was asking about Mark's (self-conscious) variant, not the Official Rules Position.

> > > Theists don't have generic magical defense.
> >
> > That ain't what p.170 of HW implies to me. (Though it alleges
> > the same of animists and sorcerors too, to be non-pertinently
> > picky with myself.)

> I'm not sure what you're saying. There is a default minimum
> resistance, but there is no specific ability that theists have that
> others don't.

Well, see my parenthetical self-correction; but it's clear from the referred-to section that you can pretty much use any theistic affinity you like as a Generic Magical Defence, which compared to _mystics_ (if you remember where we came in) is greatly advantageous.

> Everyone resists magic with whatever ability is most
> appropriate.

i.e. in the real world, 'highest ability score I can get away with using'.

Cheers,
Alex.