How to sepnd Hero Points.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 19:44:51 +0100 (BST)

jonas.schiott:
> Your players actually burn hero points just to avoid a little Hurt? What
> are they, nuts? ;-)
> No role-player I know would use HP to bump a roll unless the character's
> _life_ depended on it.

An odd aspect to this is that the more 'rollplaying' you do, the proportionately more important it is to have a high ability score. My last run seemed to be very 'chatty', with relatively few contests and ability tests, which had the effect, apparently, that HPs didn't get spent as fast, and when a contest _did_ occur, it was all the more tempting to spend a HP on it.

It's sort of a proportionality of effect: would you rather improve one roll by 20 (and after the fact, to boot), or many rolls by one? Somewhat conditioned by how many 'many' is...

Cheers,
Alex.