Re: Common magic--actual Rules question

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:01:50 -0000

Here's a rules interpretation issue--

the rules say you can take 5 common magic abilities without having to mention them in a description--just run them past the Narrator to see if it is OK that they come from your common magic tradition.

The rules also say that unspecified magic abilities from the description are by default assumed to be talents under the common magic keyword, though you may leave their true nature ambiguous until its important.

BUT--my question--do things mentioned in the description count against the five abilities under the common magic keyword? Or are they extra?

Seems unfair to me that if I think it important enough to spend time describing it, that it takes away from what I might otherwise get without mentioning.

And hey--does anyone else notice how there are many new names on these lists these days? Great!

MIke Dawson
http://differentcomputers.com/differentgames/