RE: Common magic

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:20:07 -0600

>From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
>I would have thought that an ancestor from a theistic society would
>have offered feats (i.e. theism-aspected magic) not talents. It seems
>a trifle harsh to cut people off from their ancestors' gifts when they
>concentrate their magic in the traditional manner (e.g. Heortlings
>concentrating in Theism).

I think it just is how it is. That is, concentration does what it does. Flesh Man was from the mundane world. The Gods were from the gods world. Flesh Man could no more have made the abilites he gave feats as he could have become a god. The gods cannot give talents because they are gods.

If one wants both, then one simply does not concentrate. Does this make the character less interesting to the player? I don't think so.

Could you be more specific with the problem? Is something "unrealistic" here? Or is it a balance problem for the players?

Mike