Re: Re: Common magic

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:55:43 -0600

>From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>

>But Nils's argument was that it was either/or. And that was in
>response to the question how one can distinguish a common
>magic feat from a common magic spell etc.

No, I believe that his argument was that you got X magic from Y sort of being.
Spirits - charms
Essences - spells
Daimones - feats

If somthing is more than one of these, then it seems to stand to reason that they could give more than one type.

Note this argument is pretty speculative on my part. It may, in fact, be that there's no current rationale for why one of these beings gives more than one type of magic, or something else. I'm merely proposing something that would make sense with what we do know from the book. And Nils is right, it explicitly says the above about where these sorts of magic originate.

Mike