Re: Re: Common magic

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:24:43 -0800

> In answer to my own question - HQ Page 104, there is a little
> grey box that says 'Leader: God Talkers, bush priests, wise
> women.....'
>
> God talkers? The non devoted or concentrated variety then?
> Do they come in that style - unconcentrated or devoted?

God-talker (the Heortling word for "priest") is an *Occupational* Keyword, and has no magic abilities of it's own. The Keyword isn't affected by whether you are concentrated or not, or what your magical rank (Communal/Initiate/Devotee) might be. Or even who (or what) you worship.

You can certainly be an unconcentrated communal worshipper God-talker that teaches the kids of the clan all about Fleshman, and the friendly Berry spirits over in that bush, and the Stream Daimon who lives at the bottom of the pond, etc. Every stead or family probably has one. Most likely a stick-picker (because anyone of any status worships one of the Storm Tribe).

RR
- Richelieu