Re: Re: Common magic

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:50:57 +1300

Nils:

>Another thought occurs to me. Since the mundane world is
>mixed, "the world is made of everything", the magical
>entities in it may also be mixed. So, you could make a
>case that the form of magic you get depends on how you
>approach the magic entity.

That's all very well but what distinguishes a feat from a spell? I know what charms and talents are but with feats and spells, one enters a thick haze where in effect they seem to be the same thing.

It's all very well describing them in terms of how you approach the entity but what if you are making up a common magic religion? What does one use to determine whether a given magical effect is a spell or a feat?

--Peter Metcalfe