Re: Common magic

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:26:57 +0100

Peter & Rob:

>>It's all very well describing them in terms of how you

Ah, I see, I didn't realize that was the main issue.

>>Boy am I unqualified to answer, but I have a theory:
>>Game mechanics and Game Balance.
>

>I don't find that very convincing and I was looking for a
>glorantha-based approach rather a rules-based approach.

I can't think of much except imagination and gut feeling. What do I want this common magic to look like in use? How do I want the practitioners to act to get the magic? What is a plausible nature for a magic entity in that area? What methods of contacting a magic entity are likely to emerge in the culture?

For a Glorantha-based approach, I don't think we can make a stricter "check list" than something like that. I would go primarily with what is fun and feels right for the specific case.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams