Re: Common magic

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:58:56 -0000

point taken Ashley - but don't pretend that when people design games they don't give a thought to *balance*.

Getting back to your point though,

is spot on. So I would therefore say that the above should be added to the Glorantha website as a clarification on Talents/feats/spells/charms.

Further, I would suggest that Theists should not be able to use feats *from any source* when they devote, as I feel this *looks* like an artificial game construct for *balance*. When you devote you should give up all magic not native to your deity. Otherwise I cannot see why someone cannot use Talents, which come from within.

An example I give here is that the character I am currently playing has a feat from his 100 word narrative "lightning spear". Maybe its something Dad taught me based on something my great grandfather did at the battle of Bog. Therefore I don't see why talents can't also be used, unless it is down to some kind of balancing mechanic, which is where I think Peter is coming from. Rules should be devised to illustrate Glorantha as best we can, not beffudle us with pointless symantics ie, spell/feat/talent which don't look much different.

Regards
Rob