Re: Common magic

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:02:54 -0000

> Ashley Munday wrote:
>
> > Arseholes to game mechanics and balance.

> Jane wrote :
> PCs cooperate. They do not compete. Whether one ends
> up (or starts off) more powerful than others is not
> the point, as long as they can all have as much impact
> as their players desire on the story.

You should have been at the game I ran at a con saturday. Had a real arse playing, who moaned that when he played in a HQ game before someones sidekick was better at fighting than his character. He said that all pc's should have roughly the same abilities across the board.

I had the guy in two of my con games, both times he picked the best fighter. Never again. A lost cause that guy.

Regards
Rob