Re: Magic from heroquesting [was: Re: Common magic]

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:05:02 -0800

>I imagine that for some people one of the incentives is to get new and
>interesting magical abilities (as well as to stop the drought/end the
>curse/etc etc). Devotees, who can only receive magic from the god to
>whom they are devoted, seem likely to miss out on a lot of the useful
>'fringe benefits' of heroquesting.

>Or have I rather missed the point?

Magic you steal/are gifted with/etc while on heroquest is *yours*, and you can keep it even if you are a devotee. (of course, why are you doing things your god didn't do? You're a devotee, fer cryin' out loud. if it wsn't good enough for your god, why do you think it's good enough for you? Or are you some sort of God-Learner?)

RR
- Richelieu