Re: Greg's definitions of Common Magic

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:42:26 -0000

You are a lecturer, your lungs are part of you.

That way of looking at it is easy. It is when you put it into more abstract terms that it can be harder to grok--but you just have to let your mind relax and make it work as best you can.

I AM the Fire Stick. When I express this power, it is who I am at that moment.

The Night Stick is part of me. Just like I have lungs that give me the power to breathe, I have the night stick inside me, not as a physical object but as its perfect magical expression in a rune, and so just as I can use my lungs to do the magic of breathing, I can use the night stick inside me to do magic appropriate to it.

At least, that is as best as I can wrap my mind around it.

--Bryan