Re: Common Magic, Subcults

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:48:40 -0000

I know you asked for official but I think the concensus is that Heortlings are v. religious and the implication is that *all* Orlanthi children in Dragon Pass get initiated around 12-14? Of course the Orlanthi all according to Thunder Rebels is 1 in 7 or 85% if memory serves.

I think ILH1 states that most of the Heartland Lunars are no more than communal worshippers. I like this idea a lot. Of course, if life is relatively easy and safe, then why not go to the temple more than once a week?

> And how does it match in with the HW situation where effectively
> everyone was concentrated,

I don't know so much about hero wars, having never played it - but don't you mean Player Characters and their antagonists? I think a lot of player characters tnd toward devotee because they are fairly easy to play without much player input, like choosing magic for exampl.

> or the RQ situation where it looks like
> no-one was?

RQ is so different in so many fundemental ways, I think that this is a fairly redundant idea.

We still have the background, and sort of gloss over the differences in many ways. Magic in a game tends to be very rules specific. I get the impression that Glorantha was hung on Runequest rather than being written to express Glorantha.

Just my view

YGWV & MGF Regards
Rob