Re: Re: Common Magic, Subcults

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:22:06 +0000 (GMT)

Jane mentioned, re RQ:

"It was "normal" for people to use magic types from different otherworlds. Hence, they can't have been concentrated."

I'm not sure how "normal" this was as far as Glorantha goes. Only theists generally used a mix, and that was spirit and divine magic.

If you go a bit further and replace the word "spirit" with "daemon" (or whatever an entity of divine goodness is called these days) then maybe it wasn't spirit magic after all, but some form of divine stuff as well that just happened to be mechanistically similar to spirit magic.

In my tiny mind I can reconcile the changes between the RQ version of the world and the HQ version fairly easily. Same place, different mechanics for the same things.

Ash