Re: How good are your followers

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:23:05 -0000

> flynnkd2
> >If you use followers as AP (extended combat) there are currently
rules to kill them off as AP is lost. But if you use them as an augment they remain forever, there is no mechanism to kill off followers other then one I make up.

Have you...ahem...tried telling the players you're getting headaches handling six followers and asking that they themselves reduce the number? That way you can send them away for a bit so nothing is unreversable, and they are less likely to be miffed when you suddenly start removing parts of their character concept before their eyes.

There is also the entirely-within-the-rules way of doing it which is you the narrator saying, well, your Humakti follower has to go and kill things elsewhere for a bit, your bear, well it'd dark season, she's asleep. Take the basketball or volleyball approach - rotate them.

If I am missing the point, which I start to think I must be, then I apologize.

Sam.