Re: Vinga Dar magic?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:54:49 -0000

not the same thing Ash. What we are talking of here is a woman being the chieftan full time, not a caretaker. We currently have no published solution.

The solution is to create A Vinga Dar proper, not just give her the Dar subcult, because thats been found wanting. Been found seriously wanting.

The answer is to have a new aspect to Vinga where the person gets what a man would get in the society. There is no rule that says that can't happen, its just not been published.

Jane, why don't you do something and submit it to Issaries?

> He would probably learn the
> sub-cult affinity (Lead Clan II RC) as part of his
> Initiation. Although he can't learn the Allfather
> affinity (it's not from a sub cult of his aspect) I
> can't see a reason why he couldn't learn the Dar
> specific Allfather feats as standalone magical
> abilities.

not a very elegant solution. Next we will have the female 'King' have a male proxy to cover the things she can't!!

> From what I remember of Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe
> (which isn't a lot, I haven't got them to hand)
> worshipping Vinga is a lot like a bloke worshipping
> Orlanth Adventurous.

spot on.

> So, Vingans look like Orlanth Adventurous worshippers,
> except without the option to Initiate into the Orlanth
> Allfather aspect.

Why not I say. But a Vinga version of it of course. jane?

> <wild_speculation>
> However, while they might not be able to Initiate
> directly into the Allfather aspect of Orlanth, they
> might be able to Initiate into the Ernalda Aspect that
> provides leadership magic. I'd let it happen in my
> game, but then I'm a soft-touch.
> </wild_speculation>

Vingans are special because they don't follow Ernalda. They are the loyal daughter of Orlanth. The runic assosciations I think make this supposition a non starter.

> Hope this sheds some light,
>
> Ash
>
> PS: In Kallyr's case, she could have stayed an
> Initiate of Vanganth after she became an Initiate of
> Dar. Presumably she didn't want the additional
> cocommitmentn her time of worshipping two ssub-cults

Jane? Any view on this? Is it just becasue it was not included in the write ups - bearing in mind that Kallyr Gathering Thunder is merely a tweaked OiD - and I IMO that is flawed anyway. YKWV and all that (mine does ever so slightly, and purley for special effects reasons!)

Regards
Rob