RE: Re: Vinga Dar magic?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:22:00 -0000

 Benedict Adamson:

> There is another solution. We could accept that Vingans do
> not make good Chiefs. Now, before the massed Vingan-philes,
> and Jane in particular, flame me, consider for a while.
>
> Do we have any evidence that Kallyr was a good Chief? ...

No flame from here. IMO *she* doesn't think she's a particularly good tribal king (she never was a "chief" AFAIK), for reasons other than the lack of Dar feats, and is rather exasperated by the way the tribe insist on voting her in at every wapentake. Since they do so insist, she tries to make as good a job of it as she can, hence the change to Dar in the first place, (now at 10% of her time on it... hmm...), but wishes they would have the sense to pick someone else. Ah, the price of fame and the lack of logic of the voting public :(

What we seem to be saying, though, is that anyone other than Orlanth Allfather and Ernalda the Queen initiates will not make a good chief/king. What, in that case, happens to war clans? Likely to have warrior leaders on a permanent basis, I'd have said? We even know of a few leaders who're Humakti, and who presumably can't join the Dar sub-cult on any level?