Re: Praxians

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:27:14 -0000

> >Not at all. Many Animist cultures improve their ability with magic
by
> >having the tribe refill their own fetishes, after the Shaman has
> >summoned the spirits. A mass fetish-filling session
>
> So this is like the old RQ spirit magic then.
> Shaman summons a combat (bladesharp 4) spirit, nomad brave defeats
it in
> spirit combat and gets the fetish (spell).

Somewhat similar, except if the tribesman has only a Spirit Combat 13, he'll either have to accept a really weak spirit, or chance losing... I imagine the Shaman can use his superior ability to boost the entire ceremony.

> Alright, I can see that an improv mod could apply to a bunch of
nomads on
> foot at a tactical level. In one to one unmounted combat though I
think a
> nomad is just as good a fighter as say a heortling (they are after
all a
> very war like people).

Remember, all they get is a -3 (or whatever), and all they have to do to get rid of it is cement their new 'Dismounted Combat' skill.

> Me:
> >>What happens at the block must be a real mess now. Someone please
come up
> >>with a explaination of what happens when a bunch of Uroxi meet a
bunch of
> >>Storm Bulls.
> Wulf:
> >Somebody shouts 'Lets go to the marsh and kick some!!' and off they
> >all go...
> Jeff:
> >They get drunk, beat each other up and then leave to go find Chaos
> >fight.
>
> Oh come on, If anyone is going to have strong feelings for their
god it's
> going to raving fanatics like Uroxi/Storm Bulls.

OK, slightly more serious interpretation: 'You say you are chaos fighters? Prove yourself in the marsh!' or...
'You tell us your tradition, we tell you ours. We don't like yours, we smack you in the mouth. Meanwhile, wet your throat.'

Same thing, really. SB/Urox don't have formal debates.

Wulf