Humakti clan chiefs?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:01:58 -0800

Jane Williams [mailto:janewilliams20_at_...]

> > The most interesting question here, I think, is who makes a Humakti
> > their leader, and -why-?
>
> War clans, it seems, but why do they want to be such? Even a
> war clan can't be 100% warriors, or they'll be dead a
> generation later.

I'd think it would be an emergency measure for desperate times. Even then, it would be an emergency measure that only a war clan would take. That is, a peace or balanced clan, in an emergency, might elevate an Orlanth Adventurous champion to the post of clan chief; a war clan might routinely have Orlanthi warriors as clan chiefs, but in a truly desperate situation might go all-out and appoint a Humakti as chief for the duration. And as soon as the crisis was over, they'd toss out the Humakti like Winston Churchill.