Re: Charms and magic augmentation

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:25:11 -0800

Moah

>The general rules for magic says you can only augment with one
>spell/affinity/other at first, then can augment with one every
>5 minutes, up to 3 after which it becomes harder/longer.
>
>Animists rules say charms are always on and always provide
>augment as long as they're in contact with your skin.
>
>How do these two rules interact? Only one charm as your first
>spell, then one every five minute, or are all your charms active
>all the time?

Hmm, I guess we're not playing by the rules and never noticed it.

Looking at it literally, this rule seems silly. If you had a magic sword, magic armor, and magic shield, that would be your three magical abilities, and you couldn't use any combat magic, and you'd somehow have to ignore your charms.

We just stick with the basic rule that says you can't use an ability twice, and don't let you use an affinity to augment with each of its feats.

--

David Dunham