Re: Variable Augments

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:52:33 +0000

Mark Galeotti wrote:

> A quick question: how often do you/your players actually roll
> augments instead of just taking the auto-augment route?

Not that often. We let the story guide whether to roll an augment, asking ourselves 'is this attempt to help inherently risky'.

For example, in one of Bruce Ferrie's SuperHeroWars games, the scientist hero tried to boost the strength of my mechanical robot by reconfiguring   his gearbox: that was a rolled augment because of the potential of screwing things up and making the situation worse.