RE: Charms and magic augmentation

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:51:33 -0000

 Moah
>>Anyone knows, please?

I would say that anything that is 'always on' (which would generally cover basic, 'augmentative' magic such as talents, charms, congregational spells, affinities and suchlike) don't count towards the limit.

Anything that requires conscious invocation however, does.

My interpretatoion of the rule about stacking more than three active magical effects as basically being a guideline distinction between 'at-hand' magic (that can be brought online at the drop of a hat or thereabouts, in response to an immediate threat) and the sort of serious, ritualised 'powering up' that requires significant preparation, effort, communal support and proper timing to bring into full effect.

Regards
Luke