Re: Keith's Postumous Augments (was: Variable Augments)

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:23:08 -0000

Hmmm. We come up against this. Some of us *like, nay love* doing it, others will be happy to roll against only the most appropriate ability they feel, and possibly shy away from looking for augments.

All games need consistency, and its a shame there isn't a firmer ruling in the rules. Maybe the old un-related action idea was better.

Also, you may remember in RQ, if you had a bit of time, you do maybe a couple of actions - like cast 2 or three spells. Maybe you could say you have a bit of time, so you get to do 3 augments or 3 magics or whatever.

> I allow a specific number of augments per player. The number being
> based on the circumstances, eg: one if things are happening fairly
> suddenly; three if there is decent warning to allow preperation;
none
> if taken completely by suprise. I think this is pretty much as per
the
> book. These are auto or rolled as the player chooses.

I must admit, I always would allow augments for kit though, but thats a throwback to liking *crunchy* bits in games.

regards
Rob