Re: Humakti clan chiefs?

From: Jeff Richard <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:30:25 -0000

> Does that make him not a proper Heortling, or do you think Heort's
laws are
> negotiable, and can be tailored to the specific needs of each
clan/tribe?

Malan is absolutely a Heortling. He's just not a very just Heortling. In the old Pendragon system, Malan was extremely arbitrary. I think that's how MOB and Rick Meints played him as well in Fall of the House of Malan. Actually, Rick played him as arbitrary. MOB played him as vicious.

> Just starting to read about them. Must we become that which we
>oppose?

The Varmandi are another extreme case. They became a war clan to deal with the Malani - by becoming even more violent than the Malani, they figured they'd be able to survive. Most other Settlement clans did not take either approach.

Jeff