RE: Re: Fixed-length extended contests?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:35:44 -0600

>From: "Sam Elliot" <sam.elliot1_at_...>

>Movies with football in them? Ah there was that Disney one, wasn't there.
>It was Robin Hood wasn't it? Trollball by another name.

I dunno, not a Football fan myself. But in movies that show American Football, for instance, the methods that I used are more than common. I could name 20 films off the top of my head, I'm sure, that follow that model. More importantly, I'm quite sure that there are no films that show entire American Football games (would be kinda pointless when you can watch a real game, no?).

>Okay. Well, I was wandering if there were other ways to do it that had been
>used, like incorporating a race against the clock or the arrival of the
>relief troops, an explicit part of the mechanic. if there aren't, fine, I
>shall have to give it a go myself sometime.

Hey, just because I don't have a solution doesn't mean sombody else doesn't. :-)

But if you do come up with something, let us know what it is.

Mike