Re: Augmenting Example in Contest (Was:Digest Number 1825)

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:00:38 -0000

Okay, my initial suggestion conflated two (or three) points, so would likely confuse anyway - negotiating augments, building up augments in play prior to the roll (not in your example) and fun defeats. Taking the first and third, it seems most people here are singing from the same songsheet for negotiating augments, and there are already examples I think.

Examples of interesting defeats though, perhaps examples for different situations, a list of suggestions, would help a lot for what is altogether a far trickier business (for me at least). Fail to cross over to the hero plane, fail to get devotee status you've been angling at for the last year of play etc. What about that?

Sam.