Thanks all

From: Doug Bonar <dbonar_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:04:50 -0500

Thanks everyone,

I"m still somewhat skeptical, but the examples were good. Mike's recent example in particular. And let me be clear that I'm skeptical that the group I game with will enjoy HQ in the near future, not that the others are enjoying it now.

The example of the noble on the pyramid pretty much included what people reacted negatively to when we tried HQ. Running down the character sheet trying to think of a way to link in every line for every contest. How the defeat manefested itself not necessarily having anything to do with the contest.

I should also mention that in the earlier 'raiders/kids' example, I was mistaken about the size of the contest people were discussion. It appeared from earlier posts that the contest was too drive off 'raiders' -- a group of them. Stated more tactically as driving one raider off from imminently attacking her kids, the results seem more clear. Though when we tried HQ, that type of tactical exchange pulled us back towards multiple simple contests as a substitute for attack/damage/defense rolls.

Obvioiusly what I most need (re: HQ at least) is to play in a few games with those for whom the system is working well. Any con games coming up in NJ or NYC?

Doug