RE: Re: Interesting Failure

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:31:48 EST

Mike said:
<What does Complete Victory mean, when parsed down to its basic root? Well,
<it's easier to see by looking at it not as "dying" but the other possible
<conditions. Basically we're looking at drastic changes in situation here.
<Banishment, for instance, means that the character is no longer able to do
<what he used to do in that kingdom, because he has to be gone. Apply this
<back to death, and we see that death means simply that the character can no
<longer do the things that a live person can do (which, interestingly doesn't
<mean to me in Glorantha that the character can no longer be played).
<Basically this is what a Complete Defeat does to a character. It alters them
<in such a way as to make it so that they can no longer engage in certain
<contests until the condition is "healed."

One more question arises for me from that conclusion. If a complete victory gives you a permanent advantage, how do you bookkeep that?
And
can you cement that advantage so its useful beyond the playsession?

all the best

Christian