Complete victory (was: Interesting Failure)

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:29:08 -0000

Rob:
> I wouldn't get too hung up on that myself. Go with your instincts I
> would say, and don't constrain yourself with *having* to come up
> with permanent effects, only if it is cool to do so. Narrative
> logic and MGF have to be the narrators guide here.

Absolutely. If the players know what a complete victory means, then they have the option to cement it, say as a new ability, if it is interesting to them. You can award a directed HP for this if you wish it to be cost-free. The book-keeping is then a simple process - if the players remember it and wish to use it in the future, it goes on the character sheet, if they don't remember it, it doesn't.

Sam.