Re: A race

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:46:26 +0100

Ashley Munday wrote:

> Each player character competes against the others in a
> normal extended contest. The last one with any
> advantage points left wins.

I did find doing this lacked a certain something when I tried it. One idea I had, which is completely untried, is to present each participant in the race with an "opponent" representing their own progress along the racetrack. The one who inflicts the greatest level of defeat upon the racetrack is the winner.

In this case, taking an action directly against one of the other racers would represent doing something specifically to hamper their chances of winning - maybe you're barging them, cheating in some way, heckling them or something.

Regards,

Bruce